2008-02-17

My W960i Service Menus

Shush... Do you know the secret code?

Enter the following sequence using the jog wheel and keypad...

U*DD*D*

Now you will see the secret Service Menus


Service Menus screen...

I think I will leave Format Phone Memory for you to try...


Service Information screen...


Model Information screen...


Software Information screen...


Hardware Information screen...


SIM Locks screen...

Anyone know what the SIM Locks screen is for?


Configuration Information screen...


Service Tests screen...

I won't show each of the test screens but they are interesting to play with especially the free scribbling application...


Hello...


That's what I call a scribble...

The scribble test threw up some interesting results. My scribbling was limited to small circles but occasionally a glitch seemed to write a line all the way across the screen. These glitches are visible along the top edge and in the bottom quarter. The last few pixels around the edges do not appear to be accessible.

I was very impressed by how accurate the stylus was and at just 1 pixel width just how fine the the recorded line really was. Contract the line thickness with the handwriting recognition which uses a thicker line.

If you decide to use the Service Menus then please be careful because bad things could happen and I take no responsibility.

As far as I know the Service Menus code is the same for other Sony Ericsson phones such as P1i, W950i, P990i and M600i.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I mentioned on a previous post - this is my first sony-ericsson phone. I was familiar with the nokia code - *#000* - which would just be entered via the keypad. Now I know what the jog key is on my sony and I'm pretty sure I know what the keypad is too. But I'm not quite sure how to use a combo of the two to enter the code:
U*DD*D*
Is this supposed to be entered in standby mode - I guess not, as that would assume I'd be entering in a phone number. Could you elaborate on sequence a bit more please? Thanks.
.
N

Warfield said...

U*DD*D*

At any time just go up with the jog wheel, then press *, then down with the jog wheel twice etc...

There are some other codes but they are well known.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Have you ever heard of the problem that the touchscreen is not working properly?
I have the problem that when I draw a line, just got the phone a few days ago, it scribbles all over the screen and mostly to the left. So when I want to get into an application it will select the left one. I already tried to reset the phone and tried to adjust the touchscreen but it's still the same.
Is it a hardware problem?
I really don't want to send it back and wait again for a few weeks...
Thanks

Agus Sofian Eka Hidayat said...

i cant not write the code please teach me

cencen said...

Thanx, it's working..
to Agus, U=Up D=Down