2008-02-01

Getting a good deal from Vodafone on a W960i

I have been a Vodafone customer for donkeys years on a £25 per month contract and my previous 18 month contract had expired about a year a go.

I have been waiting to get the SE W960i so I called Vodafone sales and was told it would cost me £200 on an £18 month contract.

I said I could get the W960i for free on another network so I was put through to retentions and after some haggling on cost and refusing to accept a 24 month contract I managed to get the W960i at a cost of £20 (twenty) and still on £25 per month with an 18 month contract.

Doubtless others will have done better but I was happy with the deal.

I found the W960i is a real hand-full at first and it is taking a lot of getting used to so I have started a couple of blogs to help people out if they are stuck.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/blog.php?u=46607
http://myw960i.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar experience with Vodafone on the telephone - there was no way that I could have a free W960 despite spending £70-80 per month on average. Instead of going through retentions, I went to my local vodafone store and they gave me one :)

Unknown said...

ya me too. on a £30 tariff and they told me it would be an 18mth or 24mth for free. i said gimme my pac code so that i move to o2 as its cheaper there on a 12month. they said ok, sent my pac code by post.

2days later they call me asking why i havent used my pac code, i said i havent receivd the letter that's why!
he then asked why i was leaving etc...explained only wanted 12mth contract and that the phone was too expensive, so he offered it free to me on £30 for 12mth.

the only concern i have is that the internet allowance is 120mb, will that be enough for checking emails avery 30min and staying connected on msn messenger/fring say 8hrs a day? thanks